What you'll learn
Introduction to IT
This course is the first of a series that aims to prepare you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist. In this course, you’ll be introduced to the world of Information Technology, or IT. You’ll learn about the different facets of Information Technology, like computer hardware, the Internet, computer software, troubleshooting, and customer service. We’ll go through what a technical interview could look like, and provide tips on how to best prepare for one. This course covers a wide variety of topics in IT that are designed to give you an overview of what’s to come in this certificate program.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
● understand how the binary system works.
● assemble a computer from scratch.
● choose and install an operating system on a computer.
● understand what the Internet is, how it works, and the impact it has in the modern world.
● learn how applications are created and how they work under the hood of a computer.
● utilize common problem-solving methodologies and soft skills in an Information Technology setting.
Access to a computer or mobile device with an internet connection.
Motivation to learn!
There are no special materials or prerequisite knowledge required for this course.
Who this course is for
Students who are new to this field
Students willing to put in a couple hours to learn about Technical Support Fundamentals
Advanced students wanting to add another skill to their portfolio
This course includes
Option for learning at your own pace
Videos and reading material about the course
Assessed tasks with feedback from other course participants
Evaluated tests with feedback
Evaluated programming tasks