What you'll learn
Introduction to Networking
The Network Layer
The Transport and Application Layers
Connecting to the Internet
Troubleshooting and the Future of Networking
This course is designed to provide a full overview of computer networking. We’ll cover everything from the fundamentals of modern networking technologies and protocols to an overview of the cloud to practical applications and network troubleshooting. We’ll wrap up by covering how this information might show up in a job interview and giving you a few tips for troubleshooting on the spot.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
● describe computer networks in terms of a five-layer model.
● understand all of the standard protocols involved with TCP/IP communications.
● grasp powerful network troubleshooting tools and techniques.
● learn network services like DNS and DHCP that help make computer networks run.
● understand cloud computing, everything as a service, and cloud storage.
Access to a computer or mobile device with an internet connection.
Motivation to learn!
There are no special materials or prerequisite knowledge required for this course.
Who this course is for
Students who are new to this field
Students willing to put in a couple hours to learn about The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking
Advanced students wanting to add another skill to their portfolio
This course includes
Option for learning at your own pace
Videos and reading material about the course
Assessed tasks with feedback from other course participants
Evaluated tests with feedback
Evaluated programming tasks