What you'll learn
The Importance of Velocity & The Jobs of Delivery
Your Testing Stack
Infrastructure and The Jobs of Ops
Amazon famously delivers new code every 11.6 seconds. Just a few years ago, this was unthinkable: many ‘cutting edge’ firms would release software quarterly. When it comes to digital innovation, velocity is critical and many would say it’s the most reliable determinant of success. Bringing an organization to the state of the art (or even functional capability) in this area requires strong work in a combination of disciplines and a combination of both technical and managerial skills. There is no single cookie-cutter approach for achieving this capability. Much like agile, the right focus and formulation depends a lot on the facts and circumstances of the team.
This course will provide you with the interdisciplinary skill set to cultivate a continuous deployment capability in your organization. After completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Diagnose a team’s delivery pipeline and bring forward prioritized recommendations to improve it
2. Explain the skill sets and roles involved in DevOps and how they contribute toward a continuous delivery capability
3. Review and deliver automation tests across the development stack
4. Explain the key jobs of system operations and how today’s leading techniques and tools apply to them
5. Explain how high-functioning teams use DevOps and related methods to reach a continuous delivery capability
6. Facilitate prioritized, iterative team progress on improving a delivery pipeline
Access to a computer or mobile device with an internet connection.
Motivation to learn!
There are no special materials or prerequisite knowledge required for this course.
Who this course is for
Students who are new to this field
Students willing to put in a couple hours to learn about Continuous Delivery & DevOps
Advanced students wanting to add another skill to their portfolio
Alex Cowan – Faculty & Batten Fellow – Darden School of Business
This course includes
Option for learning at your own pace
Videos and reading material about the course
Assessed tasks with feedback from other course participants
Evaluated tests with feedback
Evaluated programming tasks