What you'll learn
Set up a database for your application using HBase
Integrate HBase with MapReduce for data processing tasks
Create tables, insert , read and delete data from HBase
Get an all round understanding of HBase and it’s role in the Hadoop ecosystem
Record and run settings a team which includes 2 Stanford-educated, ex-Googlers and 2 ex-Flipkart Lead Analysts. This team has decades of practical experience in working with large-scale data processing jobs.
Relational Databases are so stuffy and old! Welcome to HBase – a database solution for a new age.
HBase: Do you feel like your relational database is not giving you the flexibility you need anymore? Column oriented storage, no fixed schema and low latency make HBase a great choice for the dynamically changing needs of your applications.
– 25 solved examples covering all aspects of working with data in HBase
– CRUD operations in the shell and with the Java API, Filters, Counters, MapReduce
– Implement your own notification service for a social network using HBase
– HBase and it’s role in the Hadoop ecosystem, HBase architecture and what makes HBase different from RDBMS and other Hadoop technologies like Hive
– Using discussion forums
– Please use the discussion forums on this course to engage with other students and to help each other out. Unfortunately, much as we would like to, it is not possible for us at Loonycorn to respond to individual questions from students:-(
– We’re super small and self-funded with only 2 people developing technical video content. Our mission is to make high-quality courses available at super low prices
– The only way to keep our prices this low is to *NOT offer additional technical support over email or in-person.* The truth is, direct support is hugely expensive and just does not scale.
– We understand that this is not ideal and that a lot of students might benefit from this additional support. Hiring resources for additional support would make our offering much more expensive, thus defeating our original purpose
– It is a hard trade-off.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Who is the target audience?
– Yep! Anyone who is interested in understanding HBase, NoSQL and distributed database management
– Yep! Engineers who want to move away from RDBMS and use HBase for their database solution
– Yep! Folks who are using Hadoop ecosystem tools for analytical processing and want a single system for both OLAP and OLTP
Access to a computer or mobile device with an internet connection.
Motivation to learn!
Working with HBase requires knowledge of Java.
Who this course is for
Students who are new to this field
Students willing to put in a couple hours to learn about HBase – The Hadoop Database
Advanced students wanting to add another skill to their portfolio
This course includes
Certificate of Completion
Option for learning at your own pace
Videos and reading material about the course
Assessed tasks with feedback from other course participants
Evaluated tests with feedback
Evaluated programming tasks